Hello and welcome! Are you a Mac user wondering how to use the snipping tool on your device? Look no further because we have got you covered. In this article, we will take you through the step-by-step guide on how to use the snipping tool on your Mac. Whether you are a student, professional, or just someone who needs to capture an image, this tool will come in handy.
Step 1: Open the Spotlight search bar
To begin using the snipping tool, click on the magnifying glass located at the top right corner of your screen or press Command + Spacebar to open the spotlight search bar.
Step 2: Type in “Screenshot”
Once the spotlight search bar is open, type in the word “screenshot” and press enter. This will pull up various options for screenshots on your Mac.
Step 3: Click “Screenshot”
From the options that appear, click on the “screenshot” option.
Step 4: Choose the type of screenshot you want
Select the type of screenshot you want to make. There are three types of screenshots to choose from: Selection, Window, and Screen.
Step 5: Select the area you want to capture
If you choose “selection,” click and drag your cursor to select the area you want to capture. If you choose “window,” click on the window you want to capture. If you choose “screen,” click anywhere on your screen to capture the entire screen.
Step 6: Save your screenshot
Once you have selected the area you want to capture, the screenshot will appear on your screen. Save it by clicking on the “File” option and then “Save.”
Step 7: Edit your screenshot (Optional)
If you need to edit your screenshot, you can do so by clicking on the “Markup” option that appears at the bottom right corner of your screenshot.
Step 8: Crop your screenshot (Optional)
To crop your screenshot, click on the “Crop” option that appears at the bottom left corner of your screenshot. Click and drag your cursor to select the area you want to crop.
Step 9: Add text to your screenshot (Optional)
To add text to your screenshot, click on the “Text” option that appears at the bottom right corner of your screenshot. Click anywhere on your screenshot to add text.
Step 10: Adjust color saturation or brightness (Optional)
If your screenshot needs color adjustments, click on the “Adjust Color” option that appears at the bottom right corner of your screenshot.
Step 11: Create a new screenshot (Optional)
If you need to create a new screenshot, click on the “New Screenshot” button that appears at the bottom left corner of your screenshot.
Step 12: Exit the snipping tool
Once you are done with your screenshot, click on the red “X” button located at the top left corner of your screenshot to exit the snipping tool.
The snipping tool on Mac is a very useful tool that allows you to capture images on your computer screen. It provides you with three options to capture screenshots: Selection, Window, and Screen. The Selection option allows you to select any area of your screen that you want to capture. The Window option is useful if you want to capture the image of a specific window. The Screen option captures your entire screen.
Once you have captured an image using the snipping tool, you can edit it to make it look exactly the way you want it to. You can crop the image, add text, adjust the color or brightness, and even create a new screenshot if need be.
Tips and Tricks
Tip 1: Use keyboard shortcuts
You can use keyboard shortcuts to capture screenshots on your Mac. For example, Command + Shift + 3 captures the entire screen while Command + Shift + 4 allows you to select an area to capture.
Tip 2: Use third-party tools
If you need more advanced editing features, you can use third-party tools such as Skitch, Monosnap, or Lightshot.
Tip 3: Save screenshots in different file formats
By default, screenshots are saved in .png format. However, you can change this by using the Terminal app to specify a different file format.
Tip 4: Use snipping tool for demonstrations
The snipping tool is useful for creating screenshots to be used in demonstrations. It allows you to capture and edit images quickly and easily.
Tip 5: Take screenshots with date and time
You can take screenshots with the date and time stamp by using the Terminal app to specify the date and time format.
Tip 6: Share screenshots easily
You can easily share your screenshots by dragging and dropping them into an email, text message, or chat application.
Tip 7: Learn keyboard shortcuts
Learning keyboard shortcuts can save you time and make it easier to use the snipping tool.
Tip 8: Customize your snipping tool
You can customize the snipping tool by changing the default file format, saving location, and other settings.
Tip 9: Use the snipping tool in presentations
The snipping tool is useful for creating screenshots to be used in presentations. It allows you to capture and edit images quickly and easily.
Tip 10: Explore advanced features
There are advanced features of the snipping tool that you may not be aware of. Explore them to make the most of this handy tool!
In conclusion, the snipping tool on Mac is a powerful tool that allows you to capture images of your computer screen with ease. By following the steps outlined in this guide and taking advantage of the tips and tricks, you can become a pro at using the snipping tool in no time. Happy snipping!
Advantages and Disadvantages of Using Snipping Tool on Mac
1. Easy to use: The snipping tool on Mac is very user-friendly and easy to use, even for beginners.
2. Screenshot customization: The tool allows users to customize their screenshots, such as adjusting the size and shape of the screenshot area.
3. Convenient sharing: Users can easily share their screenshots with others via email, messaging, or social media.
4. Time-saving: The snipping tool on Mac saves time by letting users capture multiple screenshots quickly and efficiently.
5. Work-friendly: The tool is especially useful for work-related tasks, such as capturing images for presentations or reports.
6. Built-in tool: Since the tool is built into the Mac operating system, users do not need to download any additional software.
7. Supports multiple file formats: The snipping tool allows users to save screenshots in various file formats, such as JPG, PNG, and TIFF.
8. Free of charge: The snipping tool on Mac is completely free to use, making it a cost-effective option for users.
9. Enhances productivity: By providing users with the ability to capture and share screenshots quickly, the tool enhances productivity for both personal and professional use.
10. Versatile: The snipping tool on Mac is capable of capturing screenshots of any portion of the screen, making it a versatile tool for various purposes.
1. Limited features: The snipping tool on Mac has limited features, compared to third-party tools available on the market.
2. No video capture: The tool only captures screenshots, and does not have the ability to capture video.
3. No audio capture: Similarly, the tool does not have the ability to capture audio.
4. No scrolling capture: Unlike some third-party tools, the snipping tool on Mac does not allow users to capture scrolling screenshots.
5. Limited editing options: The tool does not provide extensive editing options for the captured screenshots.
6. Window-only capture: The snipping tool on Mac can only capture screenshots of windows, menus, and selected areas of the screen, and not the entire screen.
7. Limited hotkeys: The tool has limited hotkey combinations for capturing screenshots.
8. Inconsistency across versions: The tool may vary in features and functionality across different versions of the Mac operating system.
9. No OCR support: The snipping tool on Mac does not have optical character recognition (OCR) support, which means users cannot easily extract text from images.
10. No cloud storage: Unlike some third-party tools, the snipping tool on Mac does not offer cloud storage for saving screenshots.
1. Is there a snipping tool on Mac?
Yes, there is a snipping tool on Mac. It’s called the “Screenshot Tool”.
2. How do I access the screenshot tool on Mac?
To access the screenshot tool on Mac, press “Command + Shift + 5” on your keyboard.
3. What are the different types of screenshots I can take using the screenshot tool on Mac?
You can take a screenshot of the entire screen, a selected window, or a selected portion of the screen using the screenshot tool on Mac.
4. What is the keyboard shortcut for taking a screenshot of the entire screen on Mac?
The keyboard shortcut for taking a screenshot of the entire screen on Mac is “Command + Shift + 3”.
5. How can I take a screenshot of a selected window on Mac?
To take a screenshot of a selected window on Mac, press “Command + Shift + 4” on your keyboard. Then, press the spacebar and click on the window you want to capture.
6. Can I edit the screenshot after taking it?
Yes, you can edit the screenshot after taking it using the built-in markup tool.
7. Where can I find the screenshots after I take them on Mac?
The screenshots are saved on your desktop by default.
8. Can I change the default save location of the screenshots?
Yes, you can change the default save location of the screenshots by going to “Screenshot options” and selecting “Other location”.
9. How can I take a screenshot using third-party apps on Mac?
There are many third-party apps available on Mac for taking screenshots, such as Skitch and Snagit. You can download and install them from the App Store.
10. Is there a way to take timed screenshots on Mac?
Yes, you can take timed screenshots on Mac using the screenshot tool. Just select “Capture selected window” or “Capture screen” and choose the timer options.
11. Can I take screenshots using my Macbook’s Touch Bar?
Yes, you can take screenshots using your Macbook’s Touch Bar. Just press “Shift + Command + 6” to take a screenshot of the Touch Bar.
12. How can I take a screenshot of a scrolling window on Mac?
To take a screenshot of a scrolling window on Mac, use third-party apps such as Snagit or FireShot.
13. Can I take screenshots using my iPhone that are automatically saved on my Mac?
Yes, you can take screenshots using your iPhone that are automatically saved on your Mac by enabling the “Auto-Save” feature in the “Screenshot” preferences.
How to Do Snipping Tool on Mac
Mac users might have difficulties in finding a snipping tool on their computer, unlike on Windows. However, fret not, as we have the solution for you. Here’s how to do snipping tool on Mac.
Conclusion and Closing
Now that you have learned how to do snipping tool on Mac, capturing images has never been easier. Mac users can utilize this tool to easily take screenshots or capture selected areas of their screens. With these simple steps, you’ll be able to do snipping tool on Mac like a pro.
Thank you for reading and we hope this guide has been helpful for you! Remember, practice makes perfect, so don’t hesitate to experiment and explore more of what your Mac has to offer. Until next time, happy snipping!