Salam pembaca setia! Are you a Mac user who wants to record your screen video but doesn’t know how? Worry no more as we will guide you on how to do it effortlessly. Screen recordings are essential for various reasons, whether for tutorial videos, gameplays, or work presentation purposes. In this article, we will provide you with twelve easy-to-follow steps to record screen video on Mac. So, buckle up and let’s get started!
Step 1: Opening QuickTime Player
Turn on your Mac and click on the Finder icon located on your Dock at the bottom of your screen.
What is the Finder icon? It is the first icon located on the leftmost side of the Dock. It looks like a smiling face with a square head on it.
After clicking the Finder icon, click on “Applications” on the left sidebar.
It is the third from the top of the left sidebar following “Favorites” and “Recents”.
Once you clicked “Applications”, scroll down to find QuickTime Player and double-click it to open the app.
Step 2: Choosing Screen Recording
After opening QuickTime Player, click on “File” located on the top menu.
You will see a drop-down menu once you click on “File”.
From the drop-down menu, select “New Screen Recording”.
Step 3: Adjusting Your Recording Settings
You will see a screen recording window pop up, and it has various recording settings.
You can adjust the settings based on your preferred recording output. If you’re unsure, you can leave the default settings as it is.
Step 4: Choosing Audio Source
If you want to record your audio together with your screen video, click on the arrow beside the red record button.
You will see various options such as choosing your audio source. If you want to record your voice, click on “Internal Microphone”.
Step 5: Recording Your Screen Video
Click on the red record button to start recording your screen video.
You will see a countdown timer before the recording starts, so make sure to prepare everything before hitting the record button.
Step 6: Finishing Your Recording
Once you’re done with your recording, click on the stop recording button located on the top menu.
You can use the keyboard shortcut “Command + Control + Escape” if you prefer a faster way to stop recording.
Step 7: Saving Your Recording
After stopping your recording, you will see a preview of your screen video.
You can save it by clicking on “File” on the top menu, and select “Save”. You can also use the keyboard shortcut “Command + S”.
Step 8: Naming Your Recording
Choose a name for your screen video and click “Save”.
You can save it on your desktop, or anywhere on your Mac.
Step 9: Editing Your Recording
If you want to edit your recording, click on “Edit” located at the top menu.
You can trim, split, and share your screen video from there.
Step 10: Sharing Your Recording
Click on “Share” on the top menu if you want to share your screen video.
You can share it via messaging, email, airdrop, and even on your social media accounts.
Step 11: Recording a Webcam Video
If you want to record a webcam video, you can do it by choosing “New Movie Recording” instead of “New Screen Recording”.
You can turn on your webcam by clicking on the arrow beside the record button, and choose “Facetime HD Camera”.
Step 12: Recording an iPhone or iPad Screen Video
You can record an iPhone or iPad screen video by connecting it to your Mac, and choose “New Movie Recording” instead of “New Screen Recording”.
Click on the arrow beside the record button, and choose your iPhone or iPad as your preferred recording device.
QuickTime Player is a built-in app on Mac that can record your screen video effortlessly. You don’t need to install any third-party apps to do it. Screen recordings can be essential for various reasons, whether for personal or professional use. The steps provided above are easy-to-follow, and you can record your screen video in minutes. You can adjust the recording settings based on your preference, and you can record your voice together with your screen video. QuickTime Player also has an editing feature that allows you to trim, split and share your screen video effortlessly.
Tips and Tricks:
Tip 1: Prepare everything you need before hitting the record button. Make sure you have a script to follow, so you won’t forget any important details.
Tip 2: Use a reliable microphone to record your voice. It can help improve the quality of your screen video.
Tip 3: Take advantage of QuickTime Player’s editing feature. You can trim, split, and share your screen video effortlessly.
Tip 4: If you want to record a specific part of your screen, you can use “Capture Selected Window” instead of “New Screen Recording”.
Tip 5: Make sure your Mac has enough storage space before recording. Screen videos can take up a lot of storage space.
Tip 6: Use keyboard shortcuts to make your recording faster. Use “Command + Control + Escape” to stop recording effortlessly.
Tip 7: Experiment with different recording settings to find what suits you best.
Tip 8: Use a tripod or stand for your iPhone or iPad to record a steady screen video.
Tip 9: If you want to record your screen video in a specific resolution, you can do it by choosing “Options” on the top menu, and select your preferred resolution.
Tip 10: Before sharing your screen video, make sure to review it first to avoid any errors or mistakes.
In conclusion, recording a screen video on Mac is effortless and easy, thanks to QuickTime Player’s built-in feature. With the steps provided above and the tips and tricks, you can record your screen video in minutes and share it with your friends, family, or colleagues seamlessly. Recording your screen video in high quality can help you convey your message clearly, and QuickTime Player’s editing feature can help you refine your video further. So start recording your screen video on Mac today and show the world what you’ve got!
Advantages and Disadvantages of Recording Screen Videos on Mac
1. Macs come with a built-in screen recording tool, so no need to download any third-party software.
2. Recording a video on your Mac is easy and quick. You can simply use the keyboard shortcut Command + Shift + 5 and start recording.
3. The screen recording tool on Mac allows you to select a specific area of your screen to record, which is useful if you only want to capture a particular part of the screen.
4. The recorded video is of high quality and can be used for professional or personal purposes.
5. You can add audio to your screen recording, including voiceovers, which makes your video more engaging and informative.
6. The recorded video can be easily edited on Mac using built-in editing tools, which saves time and ensures a professional-looking final product.
7. Screen recording on Mac is especially popular among content creators, educators, and trainers who need to create instructional or tutorial videos.
8. Screen recording on your Mac is an excellent way to capture live streams, Skype conversations, or any other online content that you want to access offline or share with others.
9. The screen recording tool on Mac is versatile, allowing you to record not only your screen but also your webcam and other connected devices such as a camera or iPhone.
10. You can save your recorded video in various formats such as MP4, MOV, or GIF, depending on your preference and needs.
1. Screen recording can slow down your Mac, especially if your computer is older or has limited resources.
2. Recording a video can take up a considerable amount of storage space on your computer’s hard drive, which can be a problem if you have limited storage available.
3. If you don’t have a powerful graphics card, your recorded video may not be of the best quality, and you may experience lag or stuttering while recording.
4. If you’re recording sensitive information, like passwords or important documents, there is a risk of the recorded video falling into the wrong hands if you don’t properly secure your computer.
5. The sound quality of your recorded video may not always be clear, depending on the quality of your microphone and the environment in which you’re recording.
6. There may be compatibility issues when sharing your recorded video with others who are not using a Mac, especially if they don’t have the necessary software to view the video.
7. Screen recording on your Mac can be distracting, especially if you’re recording your screen while working on other tasks.
8. The screen recording tool on Mac may not always be reliable, and you may experience glitches or issues while recording.
9. If you’re recording a lengthy video, you may experience interruption if your Mac goes into sleep mode or runs out of battery.
10. Screen recording on Mac can also be time-consuming if you need to edit or add effects to your recorded video, especially if you’re not familiar with the editing tools on your Mac.
1. Can I record the screen on a Mac?
Yes, Mac comes with a built-in screen recording feature that allows you to record the screen without any additional software.
2. How do I access the screen recording feature?
To access the screen recording feature, press Command + Shift + 5. This will open the screen recording control panel.
3. How do I start recording my screen?
Click on the record button in the screen recording control panel or drag to select the portion of the screen you want to record and click on the record button.
4. Can I record the audio along with the screen video?
Yes, you can choose to record the audio along with the screen video by selecting the option of recording audio in the screen recording control panel.
5. Where are the recorded videos saved?
The recorded videos are saved on your desktop by default. You can also choose to save it in a specific folder by changing the settings in the screen recording control panel.
6. What is the maximum length of a screen video I can record?
There is no time limit on how long a screen video you can record. You can record as long as you want, depending on the storage capacity of your device.
7. Can I pause the recording in between?
Yes, you can pause and resume the recording at any time by clicking on the pause button in the screen recording control panel.
8. How do I stop the recording?
To stop the recording, click on the stop button in the screen recording control panel or press Command + Control + Esc.
9. How do I edit the recorded video?
You can edit the recorded video using iMovie or any other video editing software.
10. Can I take screenshots while recording the screen?
Yes, you can take screenshots while recording the screen by pressing Command + Shift + 5 and selecting the option to take a screenshot from the screen recording control panel.
11. Can I record the screen with an external microphone?
Yes, you can use an external microphone to record the audio along with the screen video.
12. Can I record the screen of an iPhone or iPad on a Mac?
Yes, you can use QuickTime Player to record the screen of an iPhone or iPad on a Mac.
13. Is there any way to record the screen without showing the cursor?
Yes, you can select the option to hide the cursor while recording the screen in the screen recording control panel.
In conclusion, recording screen video on a Mac is an easy task that can be done with a variety of software options available today. You can choose between using QuickTime Player, third-party software options, or even online tools. Each option comes with its unique advantages, and you can choose yours depending on your needs.
When choosing a screen recording tool, ensure that it has all the features necessary to meet your video recording needs and that it is compatible with your Mac’s OS. Also, consider the price, ease of use, and any other features that come with the software.
Once you have found the right tool for you, start recording footage of your screen and share your knowledge, entertainment, or ideas with the world. You may even become a popular YouTuber or video content creator.
In conclusion, we hope this article has been useful in helping you learn how to record screen video on a Mac. The process is easy once you find the right tool that you can use to record and edit your footage. Follow the steps we have outlined and start creating your own videos today.
Remember, there are many tools available, and you can choose the one that works best for you. We also hope that this article has provided an opportunity for you to explore the world of screen video recording and editing even further.
Until next time, happy screen recording!