Welcome to this article that will guide you on how to screen record on Mac with internal audio! If you are someone who wishes to create a tutorial video, record a game play walkthrough or simply wish to record your computer screen for some other reason, then a screen recording tool is something that you must have. Mac comes equipped with a built-in screen recording tool, however, there is no feature to include internal audio. But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered with some simple steps and tips to help you solve this issue!
Steps for Screen Recording on Mac with Internal Audio
Step 1: Launch QuickTime Player
Open the QuickTime Player from the Applications folder or search for it using Spotlight.
Step 2: Select ‘New Screen Recording’
Click on ‘File’ in the menu bar and select ‘New Screen Recording’. Alternatively, you can use the keyboard shortcut ‘Control+Command+N’.
Step 3: Choose Audio Settings
Before recording, click on the drop-down arrow located on the right side of the Record button. Select your microphone as ‘Internal Microphone’ and click on ‘High’ for sound quality.
Step 4: Enable Internal Audio
To enable Internal Audio, click on the ‘arrow’ button located next to the record button. Select ‘Internal Microphone’ and ‘Built-in Output’ to record audio from your Mac.
Step 5: Start Recording
Click the red ‘Record’ button to begin recording. You can record your entire screen or drag across the screen to record a specific area.
Step 6: Stop Recording
To end recording, click on the ‘Stop’ button from the menu bar or use the shortcut ‘Control+Command+Esc’.
Step 7: Save your recording
After ending the recording, you can save the file to your desired location by clicking on ‘File’ in the menu bar and choosing ‘Save’.
Step 8: Open your recording in QuickTime Player
To watch your recording, open the file with QuickTime Player or any other video player of your choice.
Step 9: Edit your Recording
If you need to edit your recording, click on ‘Edit’ in the menu bar and select ‘Trim’ or ‘Split’ to cut or split your recording.
Step 10: Export your Recording
After editing your video, click on ‘File’ and select ‘Export As’. Choose your desired format and location and click ‘Save’.
Step 11: Share your Recording
You can now share your recording with others via email, cloud storage or social media platforms.
Step 12: Repeat
Congratulations, you’ve successfully recorded your Mac screen with internal audio. You can now use this knowledge for future recordings!
Screen recording on Mac with internal audio has been a challenge for many users, but with these simple steps, you can now record your computer screen with ease and without any external software. QuickTime Player is a default application on every Mac computer, making it easily accessible and user-friendly. This program supports basic video editing features, making it an ideal option for creating video tutorials or gameplay recordings.
However, one drawback to this tool is the inability to record internal audio directly. Therefore, the process of screen recording on Mac with internal audio requires a few extra steps, but it can be done quickly and efficiently with the help of this guide.
Tips and Tricks
1. Use shortcut keys
Use ‘Control+Command+N’ to open a new screen recording, ‘Control+Command+Esc’ to stop recording, and ‘Command+1’ to change the size of the video.
2. Plug in headphones
By plugging in headphones or an external microphone, you can improve the sound quality of your recordings.
3. Use ‘Trim’ instead of ‘Split’
If you only need to cut a part of the recording, use ‘Trim’ instead of ‘Split’ to save time.
4. Reduce background noise
To reduce background noise, click on the ‘arrow’ button, select ‘Internal Microphone’ and adjust the volume under ‘Input volume’.
5. Use a higher sound quality
To get the best sound quality, select ‘High’ under sound quality settings.
6. Record with a dark background
Recording your screen with a dark background can save battery life and reduce eye strain.
7. Use ‘Export As’
Using ‘Export As’ allows you to export your video in different formats, making it easier to share on various platforms.
8. Edit your recording
If you make a mistake while recording, you can use QuickTime’s editing feature to cut, split and edit your video.
9. Use a third-party app
If you require more advanced features or need to record audio from multiple sources, consider using a third-party screen recording app.
10. Keep your desktop organized
Make sure to keep your desktop organized and free from unnecessary icons or files to ensure a clean and professional recording.
In conclusion, follow these simple steps and tips to screen record on Mac with internal audio. QuickTime Player is a powerful built-in tool that can assist you in creating professional-looking tutorial videos or gameplay recordings. With just a few clicks, you’ll be able to capture your screen and share your recordings with others. Happy recording!
Advantages and Disadvantages of Screen Recording on Mac with Internal Audio
1. High-Quality Audio: Screen recording on Mac with internal audio ensures that the audio quality is not compromised. It delivers high-quality audio and video output for the user.
2. User-Friendly: The screen recording software that enables the internal audio feature is user-friendly and easy to navigate. Hence, any user, be it a novice or a professional can use this feature with ease.
3. Saves Time: Screen recording with internal audio saves time as it enables the user to capture both audio and video in a single recording, instead of recording audio and video separately and then syncing them in post-production.
4. Cost-Effective: The feature of internal audio screen recording on Mac is free and does not require any additional tools or software to be purchased, making it cost-effective.
5. Enhanced Workflow: Recording with internal audio makes the workflow smoother and more streamlined. It prevents the user from switching between different applications to get the desired output.
6. Useful for Demonstrations: Screen recording on Mac with internal audio is an ideal tool for demonstrations, tutorials, and presentations, especially when using software or apps that rely on audio-visual representation.
7. Better Understanding: Recording with internal audio enables the audience to have a better understanding of the content as they can listen to the audio simultaneously while watching the visuals.
8. Convenient: Once the recording is done, the user can easily edit, export, and share the content with others through several means such as uploading to social media, sending via email, or using cloud services.
9. Versatile: The feature of recording with internal audio on Mac is versatile, and can be used in several fields such as education, entertainment, and business to name a few.
10. Accessibility: Internal audio screen recording on Mac is accessible and can be used by anyone regardless of their geographic location, which makes it easier to collaborate with team members who are located in different parts of the world.
1. Limited Recording Time: The internal audio recording feature on Mac has a limited recording time of 30 minutes for a single video. Longer videos require the user to stop and then start recording again.
2. Huge File Size: Recording with internal audio can generate large file sizes and occupy significant hard drive space. This can cause problems with storage and memory, especially if the user has a low-end Mac.
3. Demanding on CPU: Recording with internal audio can be CPU intensive, which can lead to slower performance of the computer while recording is ongoing.
4. Editing Difficulties: Editing the recorded content can be challenging, especially if the user is looking to remove or modify the audio or video content.
5. Audio Distortion: The internal audio recording feature may cause audio distortion or other audio quality issues, especially if the user is using a low-quality microphone.
6. Limited Audio Controls: The internal audio feature on Mac does not have many audio controls, such as noise reduction or equalization, which limits the user’s ability to enhance the audio quality.
7. Limited Compatibility: The internal audio feature may not be compatible with all Mac devices, which can limit the use of this feature.
8. Limited Export Options: The internal audio feature only allows for a limited number of export options, which can limit the user’s ability to share or distribute their content.
9. Learning Curve: Although the feature of internal audio screen recording on Mac is user-friendly, the user still has to learn the nuances of the feature to get the best output.
10. Resolving Technical Glitches: Technical glitches such as system crashes or delays while recording can cause loss of data and interruptions in the recording process.
1. Can I screen record on my Mac with internal audio?
Yes, you can screen record on your Mac with internal audio.
2. Can I screen record on my Mac without external software?
Yes, you can screen record on your Mac without external software.
3. How do I enable internal audio for screen recording?
To enable internal audio for screen recording, follow these steps:
1. Open Quicktime Player
2. Click on File -> New Screen Recording
3. Click on the dropdown arrow next to the Record button, and select “Internal Microphone”
4. Can I adjust the volume of the internal audio while screen recording?
No, you cannot adjust the volume of the internal audio while screen recording. Make sure you adjust the volume before starting the recording.
5. How long can I record my screen for on my Mac?
There is no time limit to screen records on a Mac.
6. What formats does screen recording save in on a Mac?
Screen recording on a Mac saves in .mov file format.
7. Can I change the save location of my screen recording?
Yes, you can change the save location of your screen recording.
8. Can I edit my screen recording after I finish recording?
Yes, you can edit your screen recording after you finish recording.
9. Can I add additional audio to my screen recording?
Yes, you can add additional audio to your screen recording.
10. Can I screen record on my Mac with a timer?
No, you cannot screen record on your Mac with a timer.
11. How do I stop a screen recording on my Mac?
To stop a screen recording on your Mac, you can either click the stop button in the menu bar or press the “Command + Control + Esc” keys on your keyboard.
12. Can I screen record a specific section of my screen on my Mac?
Yes, you can screen record a specific section of your screen on your Mac.
13. Can I screen record on my Mac while doing other tasks?
Yes, you can screen record on your Mac while doing other tasks.
How to Screen Record on Mac with Internal Audio
Screen recording is an important tool for professionals and content creators alike. It allows them to create tutorials, presentations, and other videos that can be used for various purposes. However, if you have a Mac, you may have noticed that it is difficult to record with internal audio. In this article, we will show you how to screen record on Mac with internal audio.
Conclusion and Closing
Overall, screen recording on a Mac is a useful tool that can be used for a variety of purposes. However, recording with internal audio can be a challenge. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can easily record your screen with internal audio on your Mac. Remember to select the internal audio option when recording your screen, and test your settings before you begin recording your video.
We hope you found this article helpful. If you have any other questions or suggestions on how to screen record on Mac with internal audio, feel free to leave a comment below. We are always happy to hear from our readers.
Until next time!