Welcoming Our Mac Users
We’re assuming that you are a Mac user who loves to snip their file, hence you ended up here. Snipping a file is just the beginning of your creativity, and Macs have made it easier for users to do that without external tools. In this article, we’ll be taking you on a journey on how to snip a file on Mac effortlessly with just a few clicks.
How to Snip on Mac:
After a thorough research, we’ve outlined 12 easy steps for our Mac users, and we’re sure you’ll find it so simple.
Step 1 – Launching the Utilities Folder
To activate the Snipping tool on a Mac, you need to reach the ‘Utilities’ folder. You can do this by accessing your ‘Finder’, then selecting the ‘Applications’ folder from the right sidebar. Choose the ‘Utilities’ folder, and your Snipping tools should appear.
Step 2 – Launch the ‘Snipping Tool’
Now that your Snipping tool has been found in the ‘Utilities’ folder, launch it by double-clicking on it.
Step 3 – Selecting the Snipping Area
Selecting the area you’d like to snip is the most important part of this process. You can do this by clicking and dragging your cursor around the screen to cover the desired area. Once you’re satisfied, release the cursor.
Step 4 – Adding Shapes
The ‘Snipping Tool’ also includes shapes to add more style to your screenshot. To add a shape, click on the shapes icon and select the type of shape you’d like.
Step 5 – Highlights or Cropping
For the parts you don’t need, you can highlight or crop them out by using the Snipping Tool’s cropping feature.
Step 6 – Adding Text and Scribbles
Adding text or scribbles is like leaving your signature behind. Select the ‘Pen’ feature and draw on the snipping screen.
Step 7 – Save Your Snip
After creating your masterpiece, save it to your desired location by clicking on ‘File’ and selecting ‘Save As’.
Step 8 – Naming Your Snip
Give your snip a name that will help you recognise it in the future, and click ‘Save’.
Step 9 – Finder Check
To confirm your snip saved correctly, open ‘Finder’ and search for the snip’s name.
Step 10 – Share Your Snip
Share your snip with the world by copying and pasting it into any program you like or attaching it to an email or document.
Step 11 – Edit or Delete Your Snip
If you’re unhappy with your snip, you have the option of editing or deleting it too.
Step 12 – Repeat as Needed
If you require another snip, rinse and repeat these steps as often as you need to.
From the steps mentioned above, you should be able to snip with ease. However, there are a few things you should consider before you start snipping. Firstly, you must ensure that you’re running the latest version of the macOS. Also, your Snipping Tool may differ depending on the version of your macOS, so be sure that you’re using an updated version.
Moreover, there are keyboard shortcuts to aid snipping on Mac. You can press Command + Shift + 5 on newer models or Command + Shift + 3 on older models to launch the Snipping Tool. Knowing keyboard shortcuts can make snipping quicker.
Tips and Tricks
Tips and Tricks to Snipping Your Way to Productivity:
1 – Snip and Edit Images as Often as Necessary
Don’t be afraid to take several snips and ensure that you’ve added all the necessary aspects of the image.
2 – Customise Your Shortcut Commands
If the default snipping tool shortcut keys don’t match your favourites, you can edit them in System Preferences.
3 – Tap into Your Creativity
With Snipping Tool features like text and shapes, you can let your imagination roam freely as you produce e-books, presentations and more.
4 – Embrace Third-Party Utilities
Third party utilities such as the Grab App and Skitch can further enhance your Mac snipping experience.
5 – Maximise Snipping Special Features
You can use the Snipping Tool’s special features, such as the timer or adding audio to your screen recording to engage your audience.
6 – Take a Moment to Master Keyboard Shortcuts
Knowing keyboard shortcuts can help you snip and edit with ease.
7 – Play Around with Different Tools
Try different editing options until you find which ones you prefer.
8 – Try to Snip Images with Purpose
Ensure that every snip you create has a specific purpose, indicating its relevance.
9 – Save Regularly
It’s always helpful to save your progress regularly, especially when working with large snips.
10 – Practice Consistently
Practicing snipping consistently helps refine your skills and makes the process easier and more enjoyable for you.
In conclusion, snipping your images on your Mac isn’t rocket science; it’s just a matter of knowing what you want and using the tools available efficiently. With these 12 steps and tips and tricks, there’s no limit to what you can do with your Snipping tool. Take advantage of your snipping tool to become more productive and efficient in your day to day activities.
Advantages and Disadvantages of How to Snipit on Mac
1. Easy and quick way to take screenshots on Mac.
2. Offers various screenshot modes such as full screen, window, and selection.
3. Allows users to annotate the screenshots with text, arrows, and circles.
4. Provides seamless integration with the Mac operating system.
5. Saves time compared to taking screenshots using keyboard shortcuts and pasting into an editing software.
6. Automatically saves screenshots into the desktop or designated folder.
7. Offers a preview of the screenshot before saving.
8. Can capture screenshots even during video playback.
9. Enables sharing of screenshots directly from the snipping tool.
10. Improves productivity by providing a simple and convenient way to capture screenshots.
1. Limited editing options compared to photo editing software.
2. Cannot capture screenshots of hidden windows and applications.
3. Does not provide an option to capture scrolling screens.
4. Cannot capture screenshots during a system alert or error message.
5. Takes up additional memory and storage space on the computer.
6. Saves screenshots in PNG format, which may not be compatible with all image editing software.
7. Any personal information or sensitive data in the screenshots may be captured and saved.
8. May capture unwanted elements in the background of the screenshot.
9. Cannot capture screenshots of certain video players or streaming services due to copyright restrictions.
10. Requires manual deletion of unnecessary screenshots to free up storage space.
1. What is SnipIT on Mac?
SnipIT is a built-in screenshot tool that is available on Mac computers.
2. How do I access SnipIT?
You can access SnipIT by pressing the keyboard shortcut “Shift + Command + 5” or by searching for “SnipIT” in the applications folder.
3. What does SnipIT allow me to do?
SnipIT allows you to take screenshots, record your screen, and control where your screenshots are saved.
4. Can I customize my SnipIT settings?
Yes, you can customize your SnipIT settings by clicking on “Options” in the SnipIT toolbar.
5. How do I take a screenshot with SnipIT?
You can take a screenshot by pressing “Command + Shift + 4” and then selecting the area of the screen you want to capture. You can also use the SnipIT toolbar to select different options for taking screenshots.
6. How do I record my screen with SnipIT?
You can record your screen by pressing “Shift + Command + 5” and then selecting the “Record Entire Screen” button in the SnipIT toolbar.
7. How do I control where my screenshots are saved?
You can control where your screenshots are saved by clicking on “Options” in the SnipIT toolbar and then selecting a different save location.
8. Can I edit my screenshots with SnipIT?
No, SnipIT does not allow you to edit your screenshots. However, you can use other third-party applications to edit your screenshots.
9. How do I change the file format of my screenshots?
You can change the file format of your screenshots by clicking on “Options” in the SnipIT toolbar and then selecting a different file format.
10. How do I disable the SnipIT tooltip?
You can disable the SnipIT tooltip by clicking on “Options” in the SnipIT toolbar and then unchecking the “Show Floating Thumbnail” option.
11. Can I use SnipIT to take screenshots of specific windows?
Yes, you can use SnipIT to take screenshots of specific windows by pressing “Command + Shift + 4” and then pressing the space bar to select a window.
12. Can I use SnipIT to capture screenshots of my entire screen?
Yes, you can capture screenshots of your entire screen by pressing “Command + Shift + 3”.
13. How do I cancel a SnipIT screenshot or screen recording?
You can cancel a SnipIT screenshot or screen recording by pressing the “Escape” key.
How to Snipit on Mac
Snipit is a powerful feature that is available on Mac. It allows you to capture any part of your screen and save it as an image. This can be useful in a variety of situations, including when you need to share a screenshot with someone or when you want to save an image from a website. In this article, we will guide you through the process of using snipit on Mac.
Conclusion and Closing
We hope that this article has helped you to learn how to snipit on Mac. As you can see, it is a simple process that can be completed in just a few clicks. Whether you are trying to share a screenshot with someone or simply want to save an image, snipit is a powerful tool that can help you get the job done quickly and easily. So, take advantage of this feature and start snipping today!
If you have any questions or comments about using snipit on Mac, please feel free to leave them in the comments section below. We would love to hear from you and help you in any way that we can. Thank you for reading and happy snipping!