Salam, dear readers! Are you struggling to turn off the dark mode on your Microsoft Word on Mac? Fret not, in this article, we will guide you step-by-step on how to turn off Microsoft Word dark mode on Mac. So, let’s get started!
Step 1: Go to Microsoft Word Preferences
The first step to turn off the dark mode on Microsoft Word Mac is to open Microsoft Word and click on the ‘Word’ option located on the top left corner of the screen. A drop-down menu will appear, click on ‘Preferences.’
Step 2: Click on ‘General’
Once you are in Preferences, click on ‘General,’ which is the third option from the left.
Step 3: Click on ‘Personalize’
Under the ‘General’ section, you will see the ‘Personalize’ option. Click on it.
Step 4: Click on ‘Office Theme’
Under the ‘Personalize’ section, you will see the ‘Office Theme’ option. Click on it.
Step 5: Select ‘Classic’ Theme
Once you click on ‘Office Theme,’ a new window will appear. Here, you need to select the ‘Classic’ theme by clicking on the option.
Step 6: Close the Preferences Window
After selecting the ‘Classic’ theme, close the Preferences window by clicking on the red dot located on the left side of the window.
Step 7: Restart Microsoft Word
To apply the changes, you need to restart Microsoft Word.
Step 8: Go to System Preferences
Once you have restarted Microsoft Word, go to the System Preferences window by clicking on the ‘Apple’ icon located on the top left corner of the screen, then click on ‘System Preferences.’
Step 9: Click on ‘General’
In System Preferences, click on ‘General,’ which is the first option on the left.
Step 10: Change Appearance to ‘Auto’
Under the ‘General’ section, you will see the ‘Appearance’ option. Change it to ‘Auto’ by clicking on the option.
Step 11: Close System Preferences
Once you have changed the Appearance to ‘Auto,’ close System Preferences by clicking on the red dot.
Step 12: Restart Microsoft Word Again
Lastly, to apply the final changes, restart Microsoft Word again.
Now that you have followed the 12 steps to turn off Microsoft Word dark mode on Mac, let us give you a brief explanation of each step.
In Step 1, you need to go to Microsoft Word Preferences, which is where you can access all the settings of Microsoft Word. In Step 2, you need to click on General, which narrows down the settings to a more specific category.
Step 3 directs you to the Personalize option, which is where you can change the look and feel of Microsoft Word. In Step 4, you need to click on Office Theme, which is where you can change the color scheme of Microsoft Word.
Step 5 enables you to select the Classic theme, which is the default theme of Microsoft Word. In Step 6, you need to close the Preferences window to save the changes made.
Step 7 instructs you to restart Microsoft Word, which applies the changes made. In Step 8, you need to go to System Preferences, which is where you can change the settings of your Mac computer.
In Step 9, clicking on General allows you to change the settings related to the look and feel of your computer. Step 10 enables you to change the Appearance to Auto, which changes the look and feel of all the apps on your Mac computer.
In Step 11, you need to close System Preferences to save the changes made. Lastly, in Step 12, you need to restart Microsoft Word again, which applies the final changes made.
Tips and Tricks
Tip 1: Keyboard Shortcuts
Use keyboard shortcuts to access the settings of Microsoft Word quickly. For example, Command + , (comma) opens the Microsoft Word Preferences window.
Tip 2: Use Classic Theme
Keep Classic theme as your default theme on Microsoft Word to avoid the hassle of turning off the dark mode every time you open the app.
Tip 3: Customize Appearance
Customize the appearance of your computer by changing the color scheme, wallpaper, and font size to suit your preferences.
Tip 4: Auto-Start on Boot
Add Microsoft Word in your login items to auto-start the app when you boot your Mac computer.
Tip 5: Use Dark Mode When Needed
Use dark mode when you are working in low light conditions to reduce eye strain and improve readability.
Tip 6: Use Microsoft Word Templates
Use Microsoft Word templates to save time and effort when creating documents.
Tip 7: Use Find and Replace Function
Use the Find and Replace function to quickly replace a word or phrase throughout the entire document.
Tip 8: Use Shortcuts for Commonly Used Functions
Use shortcuts such as Command + S to save your document and Command + P to print your document.
Tip 9: Use AutoCorrect
Use AutoCorrect to automatically correct typos and misspelled words in your document.
Tip 10: Keep Your Microsoft Word App Updated
Keep your Microsoft Word app updated to access the latest features and enhancements.
In conclusion, turning off the Microsoft Word dark mode on Mac is not a difficult task if you follow the 12 steps mentioned above. By using these tips and tricks, you can improve your productivity and make the most out of Microsoft Word. We hope you found this article helpful.
Advantages and Disadvantages: How to Turn Off Microsoft Word Dark Mode on Mac
1. Dark mode can help reduce eye strain, especially when working in low light environments.
2. It can give your eyes a break from the bright, white screen of your computer, which can improve your overall comfort levels.
3. Some people find that working in dark mode can help them focus better and be more productive.
4. Dark mode can also help save battery life on your Mac, particularly if you’re using a laptop.
5. It can give your computer a sleek, modern look that many users find appealing.
6. If you’re working with color-sensitive material, dark mode can help improve your color perception by reducing the influence of ambient light.
7. Working in dark mode can potentially help reduce the risk of screen burn-in on your computer’s display.
8. Dark mode can be particularly useful for those who suffer from migraines or light sensitivity.
9. It can help minimize distractions and help you focus on the task at hand.
10. Some users simply prefer the aesthetic of dark mode and find it more aesthetically pleasing than the traditional light mode.
1. For some users, dark mode can cause eye strain and headaches, especially if they’re not used to it.
2. It can make it harder to read text, especially if the text is small or the contrast is low.
3. Some people find that dark mode can be less readable than light mode in certain situations, such as in bright outdoor environments.
4. Dark mode can potentially make it harder to distinguish between different colors, which can be problematic if you’re working with color-sensitive material.
5. If you’re working with Photoshop or other design tools, dark mode can cause issues with color accuracy.
6. It can be jarring to switch between dark mode and light mode if you’re running multiple apps that support different color modes.
7. Dark mode may not be suitable for everyone, particularly those with color blindness or other visual impairments.
8. Some apps may not display properly in dark mode, which can be frustrating for users.
9. It may take some time to get used to working in dark mode, especially if you’ve been working in light mode for a long time.
10. If you frequently collaborate with others who are not using dark mode, you may experience compatibility issues when exchanging files or documents.
1. What is Microsoft Word Dark Mode?
Microsoft Word Dark Mode is an interface color scheme that uses a dark background and light text on your Microsoft Word application.
2. Why would someone want to turn off Dark Mode?
Disabling Dark Mode can be helpful for people who prefer to work with a light background. Some users may find it difficult to read or focus with a dark-colored interface.
3. How can I turn off Dark Mode on my Mac?
To turn off Dark Mode on Microsoft Word on your Mac, you can go to the Apple menu and click on “System Preferences”. Then, select “General” and change your appearance preference from “dark” to “light”.
4. Does turning off Dark Mode affect other programs on my Mac?
No, turning off the Dark Mode feature on Microsoft Word only affects this program. It does not change the settings of other applications on your Mac.
5. Can I turn off Dark Mode for a specific document?
No, Dark Mode is an application-wide feature and cannot be customized or altered on a per-document basis.
6. Are there any shortcuts for turning off Dark Mode?
There are no built-in shortcuts for turning off Dark Mode. However, you can create a custom shortcut using the “Keyboard” settings on your Mac.
7. Will turning off Dark Mode improve my battery life on a Mac?
It’s unlikely that turning off Dark Mode will have a significant impact on your Mac’s battery life. The effect on battery life will be minimal.
8. How can I revert back to Dark Mode?
If you want to turn on Dark Mode again in Microsoft Word, you can repeat the same steps you took to turn it off but select “Dark” instead of “Light” in the “Appearance” settings.
9. Is Dark Mode available on all versions of Microsoft Word?
The Dark Mode feature is available on Microsoft Word 2019 and later versions for both Mac and Windows operating systems.
10. Can I customize the colors of Dark Mode on Microsoft Word?
No, you cannot customize the colors of Dark Mode on Microsoft Word. The colors are a default setting that cannot be changed.
11. Does Dark Mode affect the readability of documents?
Dark Mode can affect the readability of documents for some users, especially those with specific eye conditions. If you find it difficult to read texts in Dark Mode, you should disable it.
12. How can I change the font color to improve readability on Dark Mode?
To change the font color to improve readability on Dark Mode, you can select the text you want to edit and change the color in the “Font” settings. You can also use the text highlight color to make the text more visible.
13. Will disabling Dark Mode affect my eyesight?
Disabling Dark Mode will not affect your eyesight. It may only affect how comfortable you are working with your computer.
In conclusion, turning off Microsoft Word dark mode on Mac is a simple process that can be done in just a few steps. If you prefer working on a lighter interface or if you’re experiencing eye strain, following the steps outlined above can help you switch back to a standard view. Remember, it’s important to adjust your technology settings to meet your personal needs, especially when working for extended periods of time.
Thank you for reading this article on how to turn off Microsoft Word dark mode on Mac. We hope that this information has been helpful in enhancing your experience with this popular word processing software. As always, we encourage you to continue exploring and learning about the many features and functions of your favorite programs, and to make modifications that support your unique style and preferences. Wishing you all the best in your future endeavors.